With the aim to touch lives of those facing difficulties due to their disability, Rifton embarked on a journey in 1997, determined to deliver the best designs for people with disabilities. To provide easy-use and functional solutions to enhance day to day activities of people with disabilities, Rifton Equipment deliver apparatus to offer complete support and stability. One of its transportation gears, the mobile stander is designed to help maintain an upright posture and aids in movement.
Standing skills, social skills and the freedom to experience the world upright: the Mobile Stander provides these benefi ts and more. Th is user-propelled standing device gives new independence for wheelchair-bound clients. It helps strengthen critical motor skills so a client can progress toward independent standing. In addition, it enables easy, upright interaction with peers and activities, providing enrichment opportunities and just plain fun.
Why is standing so important?
- Research indicates that standing:
- Improves bone density
- Prolongs stretch for tight muscles at hips, knees and ankles
- Improves pulmonary and digestive function
- Enables eye-level social interaction
- Creates access to more activities and experiences
- Supports self-confi dence and cognitive growth
Mobile Stander features
Have fun while developing new skills.
Because the Mobile Stander encourages vertical posturing with weight-bearing and balance challenges similar to those experienced with independent standing, it represents a step up therapeutically from the Prone Stander. Th is is especially true if the device is used in reverse. With its large wheels, the Mobile Stander provides self-propelled exploration and freedom. When the large wheels are removed, the stander gives wide-open access to tables or countertops. Users interact with their peers and their environments, unaware that they are developing weight-shift ing, balance and postural control at the same time.
Why use a Mobile Stander?
- For social interaction: Users are placed in an upright and mobile position, which facilitates eye-level interaction with their peers and participation in class activities.
- For independent mobility: The side wheels give the user control and opportunities to explore independently.
- To improve weight-bearing: The Mobile Stander can support some or all of a user’s weight, providing opportunities to develop weight-bearing ability.
- To improve weight-shifting and postural control: The self-propelled mobility offered by the Mobile Stander stimulates postural righting reactions and weight-shifting.
- To improve trunk control: The adjustable body support on the Mobile Stander can be lowered to promote independent trunk control. Additionally, the Mobile Stander can be used in the reverse position to further challenge trunk control
With the large wheels removed, Amanda gets close to the table. The seat pad supports her body weight as she learns to stand.
When Carolyn can actively extend her hips and knees to bear her own weight, she is placed in the reverse position. This allows free arm movement as her standing ability develops.
Trust Rehabcart: The Rehab Equipment Specialists
Rehabcart is trusted by private, public & state-owned healthcare facilities for 100% genuine medical-grade devices. Expect only the best rehab care supplies, including many FDA, approved & CE certified rehabilitation equipment & accessories sourced from globally trusted manufacturers. Click here to explore more from RehabCart.