Founded by a leading manufacturer of furniture and equipment for early childhood settings, Rifton equipment came into being in 1997. Rifton Equipment is developing with care, different positioning systems and mobile equipment for sitting and standing, with various sizes for efficiency to all ages. The Prone Stander is one such mobility equipment that helps bring children closer to an easier and effective way of carrying out their daily activities.
The physiological benefi ts of standing are enormous – not to mention the psychological benefi ts of being able to tackle activities in an upright position, participating at eye level alongside peers.
Prone Standers provide anterior support and stability, while encouraging weight-bearing and the use of both hands and arms. Versatile, tool free adjustments make it easy for therapists and caregivers to adapt to the user’s growth and developing skills.
Why use a Prone Stander?
- For upright social interaction: The Prone Stander offers users the opportunity to be at eye-level with their peers and participate in class activities while still being supported adequately at the trunk.
- For improving head and trunk control: The prone tilt of the main board engages the pull of gravity on the head and upper trunk, cueing the use of the neck and trunk extensor muscles in maintaining an upright head position. The main board can also be lowered to increase postural challenge to the upper trunk.
- To minimize extensor tone: The prone tilt of the main board engages the pull of gravity to counteract extensor tone and thrust.
- For pressure relief: The Prone Stander is a great temporary alternative to wheelchair positioning, relieving pressure on the ischial tuberosities and other areas susceptible to skin breakdown.
- For gradual increase in weight-bearing: The zero to 85° angle adjustment makes it easy to monitor and adjust the rate and amount of weight-bearing the user can manage comfortably.
- For better hip extension and alignment: Hip range of motion and integrity can be maintained in the prone position with the fi rm anterior support and the abductor options.
Prone Stander features
The sturdy curved frame gives plenty of room for the caregiver to work comfortably with the client, as well as enabling eye-level social interaction.
The open access and prone tilt encourages head and neck control and use of both hands and arms.
On the small Stander the kneeboard can be removed for the smallest children.
Note that the small size has two narrow straps instead of one wide one.
The tray provides plenty of space for a communication device or other activities.
Trust Rehabcart: The Rehab Equipment Specialists
Rehabcart is trusted by private, public & state-owned healthcare facilities for 100% genuine medical-grade devices. Expect only the best rehab care supplies, including many FDA, approved & CE certified rehabilitation equipment & accessories sourced from globally trusted manufacturers. Click here to explore more from RehabCart.