ARK Therapeutic is renowned for making high quality medical grade chew tools that help in building oral tones and improving jaw strength. The company aims to provide safer alternatives to chewing on hands, shirts, pencils etc. The Grabber Original Oral Motor Chew Tool is a safe outlet for anyone who needs to chew and work on biting skills.
ARK’s Grabber® is the original oral motor chew tool. Invented by Debra C. Lowsky, MS, CCC-SLP, the P shaped design features a loop that makes it easy to hold, and a long extension that makes it easy to reach the back molars.
Need to chew? Use the Grabber as a safe alternative to chewing on one’s hands, shirts, pencils, etc. Need to work on oral motor skills? Use it to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking, build jaw strength and stability, and exercise the mouth muscles. It can also help provide an alternative to tooth grinding or satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube. The Grabber has many different uses!
Like all ARK chews, it comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Soft / Standard (Magenta or Red) – recommended for mild chewing, individuals with low oral tone, or individuals with limited jaw strength just learning to bite and chew. These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them.
- XT / Medium Firm (Lime Green or Teal) – XT stands for “Xtra Tough.” These are firmer, but still fairly chewy. Recommended for moderate chewers. Or, individuals working on building jaw strength can eventually “graduate” from the soft to the XT.
- XXT / Very Firm (Royal Blue or Forest Green) – XXT stands for “Xtra Xtra Tough.” These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough / the longest lasting option for avid chewing. The Y-Chew XXT is usually the overall longest lasting chew for most avid chewers.
Made in the USA by ARK Therapeutic. Medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. Each Grabber® is sold individually – choose which option you’d like from the pull-down menu above. Exact color hues may vary slightly.
Caution: This product is not a toy. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.
- With its patented P shape design, the Grabber® features a “built-in” handle that makes it easy for the hand to hold.
- While all surfaces can be chewed on, the long extension allows individuals to reach the back molar area where we do most of our chewing.
- The Grabber® measures 5 inches lengthwise, just under 2 inches across the loop/handle, and half an inch thick.
- Comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels for mild to moderate to avid chewing needs. Those with low oral tone / limited jaw strength can also start with the softest one and progress to the XT to gradually build jaw strength (XT is firmer and provides more resistance)
- Made in the USA
Choose Rehabcart for Genuine Medical Grade Devices
Rehabcart provides mostly FDA approved & CE certified rehabilitation therapy equipment and accessories sourced from global manufacturers. Our team of experienced rehab care experts ensures that only top-quality products are chosen. We ensure quick order processing along with comprehensive support to make every buying experience happier. To view more, on our web store, Click Here!